Hello. Few days ago I bought an iPhone 6. Inside it is iOS 8.1.1. … Now I need to jailbreak my new iPhone.
Can someone tell me: Is there a way to jailbreak my iPhone 6? I want untethered jailbreak.
Current iOS Version: iOS 8.1
iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 are both jailbroken, with a tool available for Windows and OS X. The jailbreak is compatible with all devices that can run iOS 8, including the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. You’ll find the guide for doing so below.
To ensure that you use the correct tutorial, please check the current iOS version running on your iOS device (Settings –> General –> About –> Version).
How to Jailbreak
Just follow these steps to jailbreak your iDevice, or watch the video above for a demonstration.
- Back up your iOS device. Head to Settings > iCloud > Backup and select “Back Up Now”
- Disable the passcode on your device. Head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and disable the passcode if you’re using one
- Enable Airplane Mode: swipe up on your screen to open Control Center and tap the airplane icon
- Download Pangu 1.1 here. This is your jailbreak tool. You’ll also need iTunes 12, so if you don’t have that, install it now.
- Open the Pangu tool once it downloads (Right-click to run as Administrator on Windows).
- Plug in your iOS device.
- When your device is recognized by Pangu, select the “Start Jailbreak” option.
- Click “Already Did”.
- Wait for the tool to run. When it’s complete, your iPhone will reboot. You can close Pangu now.
- Tap the Cydia icon to prepare the file system. That’s it!