We may noticed that certain apps, like Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, will hog up a bunch of memory on iPad. But when checking the usage details, we don’t have the option to clear out the caches within the app. How to clear app caches on iPad?
Cache files can be found in many iPad Apps. When you download an app and start using such an app, cache files start accumulating and use additional space. When we get a new iPad, we are impressed by its smooth running and fast operation. After we use it for a period, we will discover that the iPad space has been used up so quickly. All of these might be as a result of too many app caches.
- Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Passwords & Accounts at the top). Tap Safari at the bottom of this group.
- Scroll down again and tap ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- Tap ‘Clear History and Data’.
Note: this will log you out of any websites you’ve signed into.
Clean WhatsApp Cache
- Open WhatsApp and tap on “Settings” (found in the corner of the app)
- Locate and tap on “Data and Storage Usage”. Find and choose “Storage Usage”.
- Here you will find a list of conversations and threads, tap on any of these contacts thread/conversation to take action on that particular conversations data
- Scroll through the list of details about the conversation with that contact (showing Photos, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Documents, Stickers, etc, total counts, and storage size) and then tap on “Manage”
- Tap on the types of data you want to clear and remove, or select them all, then tap on “Clear”
- Confirm that you wish to delete that data from WhatsApp by tapping again on “Clear”
- Repeat with other contacts and conversation threads as desired